"A profound unmitigated loneliness is the only truth of life"
- R.K. Narayan




Heard this song while switching channels, and felt it did resound quite deep. 'Retweeting' it here :)..

I'll be what I am,
A solitary man, A solitary man.
I've had it to here - being where love's a small word,
A part time thing, a paper ring.
I know it's been done
Havin' one girl who loves you,
Right or wrong, Weak or strong.
....
I'll be what I am,
A solitary man, A solitary man.

"Solitary Man" as written by Neil Diamond. Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Its all going to finally end, isn't it?

Aren't the realities around us like footprints of birds in the air? Aren't the essences that bond us to our world going to fade away like perfumes in the wind? Isn't our identity stamped on sands that will be carried away by the waves of time? Won't memories of us in the hearts of our loved ones, slowly sink forever like ships at the bottom of the oceans?

Will the calm of solitude, like a moon floating amongst the clouds, finally bring us home to an untrammelled silence? From the world beneath to the world beyond..
Categories: