"Life is the price we pay for running away from death "
































































She is one woman I can never forget. I want to tell you her story - and through that - think of her with all my heart. Of all the ladies in my life, Of all the members of my family, she stands out in a special way..

I have known her for a long, long time. Her heart had a warmth that never failed to comfort me whenever I slept with her. After long and tiring days, through depressing times, her silent company gave me peace. With every passing day she changed, yet I always saw in her the unfailing sparkle of an angel that you know you can fully trust.

She is a very tolerant lady but, sadly, the world does not recognize and value tolerance today. Her gratuity has been blatantly abused, and so many times her own people have shred her fiber to pieces. People, loaded with lust and greed have attacked and raped her of her innocence, yet, she suffered in silence, and her nature of love and care wasn't hurt any bit. She still fosters all her loved ones with the same motherly passion and equanimity. In fact, she even gave refuge to the ones who assaulted her. I watch her plight every day and my heart bleeds but don't seem to have the courage to stand up for her and defend her.

She loves me in her deeds and I only love her back in kind..

Through her years, she has sacrificed a lot to keep us happy. Though we all burden her with our mess, she never tires and goes about her productive tasks every day, every year. None of my people give her the credit she is due. When my parents are not around, I whisper my deepest thoughts to her and she talks reassurances back to me. She still treats me like a child and taunts and pampers me in her own lovely ways.

Today she is a grand old lady yet there is more youth in her than ever before. She bleeds in multiple places but perseverance is her life-blood. She stands ravaged but still fights to retain her values. In her, we find our stand, our purpose, yet we take her for granted. This doesn't shake her any bit as she continues to embrace us with her infinite justice and never ceases to inspire us with her enduring love. We are not the fruits of her labor, yet her presence leaves an impression on us beyond measure. Sometimes we just can't describe her in words..

Outsiders call her India. I can't help but call her... Mother!
Who I merge with in my death; and she'd no more be, the other.

"Three mothers that we shall forever be indebted to - the mother that bears, the mother (earth) that feeds and the mother (goddess) that guides"
Categories: