"Life is the price we pay for running away from death "
































































Love! I know how it's spelt, I can look it up in the dictionary, but I never seem to get what it's meant. Is it because the word is so sophisticated or the concept so convoluted? My life, which is a dictionary of a different sort, gives more meanings to love than any book ever did. Guess that messes me up even more!

To one I said, 'I Love You',
because she's weak and needs support;
To other I said, 'I Love You',
because she's lonely and seeks rapport.
 
To one I said, 'I Love You',
as her traits and nature are adorable;
To other I said, 'I Love You',
as her insight towards life is admirable.
 
To one I said, 'I Love You',
for she seemed fit to be my wife;
To other I said, 'I Love You',
for she was the mother of my life.
 
To one I said, 'I Love You',
because she always put me in elation.
To other I said, 'I Love You',
when I felt a strange nameless relation.

To one I said, 'I Love You',
'cause I saw her concern, and felt care,
To other I said, 'I Love You',
as she gave herself to me, clean 'n bare.

To one I said, 'I Love You',
charmed by her look, innocent and pure;
To other I said, 'I Love You',
awed by her look, confident and sure.

To one I said, 'I Love You',
for she hugged me to say 'Don't worry';
To other I said, 'I Love You',
for she took my hand to say 'Don't hurry'.
  
'I Love You'(s) just erupt from my heart, and I can't reason them out. Every 'I Love You' seems no different from the other. Yet there is a strange sense of detachment in them - something like an unfathomable fear of intimacy.

Is it a case of heart and mind going in different directions? Is it intended to make my personality stretched and all-encompassing, or is it just tearing me apart? I don't know.. But when both reason (read: mind) and emotion (read: heart) live self-contradictory lives of their own, what happens to me? :-)
Categories: ,