"A profound unmitigated loneliness is the only truth of life"
- R.K. Narayan




"I need to decorate my puja room. Can you buy me a glittering picture of Lord Ganesha?" asked the mother.

"It's Christmas time na ma?" I quipped, "all those beautiful pictures of Jesus would be on sale. Why don't we get that instead?"

"Jesus? In my puja room? No way."

"What's wrong? You already have a dozen Ganesha idols in there. Try some variety na?"

"Oh no no no! Variety in God's matters? Are you crazy? Is God like clothes in your wardrobe that you think of keeping variety?"

"Okay! But at the least you should agree that all Gods are the same. Jesus or Ganesha are just different names. They are all one and the same God, isn't it ma?"

"Don't trap me with those concepts son. I am smart too. My God is Ganesha and I shall worship only him. Don't you think you can trap me, little brat."


.
Categories: